BiblioNasium is a free, protected social network for children ages 6-13 designed to engage, encourage and excite young people about reading.
Packed with tools – and the power of peer and parental support – BiblioNasium functions as your Literacy partner, helping you quickly and easily build and drive an effective, challenging independent reading program.
With BiblioNasium you can:
- Tailor reading programs to students' individual needs
- Monitor student reading logs, create reading challenges, help students expand genre choices and tailor reading lists – all online and un-lose-able! Build and administer programs by group, class, grade and by individual student, regardless of reading level.
- Track valuable data
- Track and get BiblioNasium reports on what each student is reading and at what level, using Lexile® measures provided onsite for thousands of books. Track progress of individual students, groups, classes or grades as a whole.
- Keep kids’ organized in their independent reading
- BiblioNasium’s virtual bookshelves help kids keep track of what they’ve read, what they like, and what they plan to read.
- Foster peer-to-peer support
- Kids are encouraged to share book recommendations and share books, building conversation and connections around reading.
- Supplement your “team”
- BiblioNasium mascot and reading coach Chip Manzee motivates and entertains kids, challenging them and rewarding good reading behavior. Our virtual reading rewards and recognition complement your in-class acknowledgement of a job well done.
As educators, we know that students read better when they do it consistently and as part of a community. BiblioNasium provides the safe environment and support to make a real difference in building students’ independent reading.Register reading groups or your class today!